13.8.08

TODO List


I like being busy … I do best under pressure. I am happier when I have things to check off of my TODO List (yes, I refer to it as TOTO, like Dorothy’s dog ~ I suppose naming my list is perhaps not the best sign). But I love my lists as much as Dorothy loves her dog.

Would you like to see what my TODO List consisted of yesterday?
• Gym – 5:30
• HP JOB – 7:00
• Lunch with new State Director for the Senator’s Campaign, Suzanne – 1:00
• Hair Apt – 4:00
• Laundry
• Connect with Sorensen
• Meet with QD – 6:00
• BIG @ HALE – 6:30
• Night with Pete, Dirk, and Heather – 10:30


Here is what it actually was …
• HP JOB – 6:30
• Connect with Sorensen … connected to figure out when we could actually connect, PROVO is so far!
• Lunch with Suzanne – 1:00 … she’ll take us places
• GYM – 3:00
• Hair Apt – 4:00 … blessed Steph, if I ever strike oil or have a child star I will have her move in with me
• Mail Check / Talk to Parental Units
• BIG @ HALE – 6:30
• Meet with QD – 6:42 … we squeezed in our entire agenda in 19 minutes, we were still on time for Green Room
• Call Adam – 7:20 … Oh how I love my serenity giver
• Call Scot – 7:35 (yes, after show start time, I’m a fabulous multi-tasker) … learned more about Architecture
• Discuss with other Techies (who knew I would refer to myself as such!) Lists – 8:00 … you’d be surprised at Michaels List

• Night with Peter, Dirk, and Heather – 10:18 (I get out quickly!) … this deserves expansion
o Dinner
o Assign Jobs for Peter’s Future

 H – Lawyer, obviously
 D – Costume Design
 K – Music Director … I will be working with all of the big names we convince to come and put laser gloves on
o Discuss Audio Gift Giving
o ZANADU … The Premiere for Kasi French … HAVE YOU SEEN THIS FILM?




 That’s GENE



 Muse spoiling from Heather
 All things OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN
 Pete Dance
o Dirk sporting my favorite T-shirt
o Jim Hansen Talk and Planning
o OC Conversation … obviously
o Laughing
o Relaxing
o Questioning our abilities to break into a car ~ I’m serious, at 11:15 there was a knock and a question
• Home – 12:15
• Mind wandering, contemplating, fretting, rejoicing
• SLEEP – 3:30




I know that I think I am giving the impression of this serene animal while busily completing my tasks but I know I’m probably looking to the outside world as a duck face down trying to grab something completely out of reach … I love it all though!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

What a great post! I need to do this, but I really don't want to admit how "off task" I am. Anyway, it is still summer so schedules aren't meant to be followed. I can get back on track when school starts, Right?!?!?

LemonDrop Creative | Ashley said...

Weren't you supposed to be sleeping?! :) hehe, I love lists, too, and as you know function better with them (even though I may not stay to them as I should) than without them. Who knows what additional mayhem may actually occur if lists were not such a priority. :) Loves loves

Kirsten said...

I totally have the soundtrack to Xanadu...I watched that when I was a kid, it's the best. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the music from it, I am such a nerd. Anyhow, thanks so much for sending us to BIG, it was really fun, that was one of my favorite movies as a kid. I wasn't totally myslef that night, kinda had a come-apart moment before and after going to the show, a little emotional, so thanks for the diversion. You are so sweet, I hope things are going well for you. We need to get together and watch Flushed Away with the kids or Happy Feet, whichever one they were going to watch with you.

Thanks again you little sweetie!!!

Gabby said...

Have you SEEN a duck's tushie when it goes face down in the water? They just don't CARE what their bum looks like, or that those dang bugs might be "out of reach." They are going to ferociously, and hungrily, go for those dang bugs...no matter what!