1.1.09

2009 = YEAR OF THE DOG

Happy New Year! 2008 was quite the adventure … no need to recap.

2009 has already proven to be a quite an adventure and we’re only 16 hours in. BB&R had moments with Mom this afternoon, Josh had Dad. We missed out on that though, we went to look at dogs.

Let’s talk about the dog because I don’t want to talk about anything but … my dog. I’d really like my dog! When you announce things without any thought before hand, I want my dog. This afternoon when we walked into the house, I wanted my dog. When I want time to myself but don't actually want to be alone, I want my dog. As we sat, took in the moments, witnessed the events, I wanted my dog. When my eyes get fussy and my nose gets itchy, I want my dog. Before anything happens, I’d really like my dog. Before anyone goes away, I'd really like my dog. Not a yapper, not a lap-sitter, not an animal that will be trampled under your feet as guests come in and out; I want my dog. (See pictures for suggestions ~ we have to get him as a puppy!) Can we just get my dog?

By the end of the year I’d like to be in a place where I can have my dog. There are circumstances and conditions to my dog, I understand that. I’ll meet them … somehow. There are things to do, things to learn, things to overcome, things to understand, things to accept … we’ll get there, I'll get there. But if in 364 days I can be curled up with my dog … that is my dream, my goal for 2009. I think, in my warped view of things, our goals match ~ we both want our dog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mine is the same. Spot? Petey? Drake? That's our next talk.

Megan said...

I love your posts Kas, what a fabulous goal for this new year, if only we lived in a place to get' my dog'... I'd totally be with you. Are you excited for the Bachelor to start soon? I am SO, so excited... so excited to watch it.

Jeff and Kandis said...

Hope you had a great Christmas!! Did you guys make it back to Utah yet? We here Brig has a new friend, and coming from the man who swore never to marry. Love it!

Burns Family said...

Happy New Year...Welcome Back to work hahahaha Loving Life right now :)