7.1.09

Deliriously Happy ... and exhausted

Three things made me smile today … beyond smile … three things made me deliriously happy today.

First was getting a picture of this new blanket with arms in my email box, talk about gift from the heavens! I have vowed to not complain about the weather for the rest of this blessed white snowy season ~ how can one complain when living in a world with Snuggies?






Second came as the day progressed and B realized we needed to 'do our thing'. We decided to have a date at home tonight, me here with his and him there with mine. We did the Skype thing - little K was frightened at first but once she saw big G we knew we were in the clear. Hearing the voices, playing the games, being together apart … made life happy.

Third was getting the voicemail below in reference to a text I had sent late this afternoon in response to his text question to me. I played it, thrice, for B and we both died of hysterical laughter. Sure, it could have caused a need for conversation but rather we filled the rooms with my rhythmic squeak and his deep gasps between laughs. DD truly provided some quality entertainment, I’m still laughing as I type this.

Okay, so I just got your text.
Two things to say about that.
Number One - When was this not complicated?
Number Two – This is you we are talking about and relationships, you in a relationship. It is just the definition, by design, that is complicated.
So I’m interested in what you have to say about how it ‘just got complicated’ but give me a call back.

DD ... I'm exhausted but I'll come up tomorrow and bask in the love that is your home, enjoy the boys while reveling in the simple perfection of Q, listen to you justify my complication, and therapy it out with K.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go to sleep. I'm going to sleep.

mare said...

i always try to understand kas, but the truth is i have no idea what you're talking about. am i supposed to--because i'm starting to feel unintelligent--so give me the skinny.

1. are you dating someone?
2. where are you living?
3. i also would like a snuggie.

Gabby said...

I'm with them. Please answer 1-3 RIGHT NOW...or call me. gab