14.7.09

Happy Tuesday

First things first, a confession. I read them, as I said I would never (I also joined Facebook). I'm not certain I should be apologizing to anyone but myself. Dad read them as they came out I believe. Living in CA Mark and Darci were attempting to convince me that they were the greatest thing on earth, I could stand the slight obsession even to the point of searching for the Trivia Pursuit Harry Potter for an entire Saturday afternoon for Mark's birthday ~ but I did not read or watch.


However, three weeks ago ~ for the sake of social life ~ I joined a group to see the sixth Harry Potter film this evening. Then two weeks ago, on an off day, I needed a distraction for an evening. I needed to get lost in someone's reality that was far from my own. I made my way to Library de Barnett and took the first three novels J.K. Rowling created. Three days later, I went to get the fourth, fifth, and sixth. I found myself lost in the world she has created. Hermione has become my best friend, Ron has stolen my heart, and Harry and I are on a roller coaster of emotion as I turn from page to page. Sleep was a frivolous past time. I made it through the Half-Blood Prince yesterday afternoon. Wow.

In the midst of my Harry Potter time I had two great dates ...

Syd and I had a scheduled date in a few weeks but due to circumstances we rescheduled for last Wednesday. She loved every single second of the performance. Spending time with Sydney puts things into perspective ~ smiling at the 'dancers', laughing at pies in the face, standing up and attempting to offer a hug as she saw Dolly get sad. I've decided that at 26 I overly complicate things but life is simple and I do not need to do that. I love my Syd.

Mac came into town, hooray for annul summer trips to Utah! We had our semi-annual night out to the theatre, it's a good thing I like this production! We laughed hysterically as Ernestina, Bonnie, danced and both Mac and I wiped away a tear as people sang about falling in love. Our conversation was priceless as she mentioned the fact that I was 'old' and should have kids, that Harry Potter was boring, and that I drove a 'mom's car'. The honesty of children ~ priceless!

Saturday I got a call from home. My parents amaze me. Their faith and determination in the face of ... life ... is inspirational. Jobs, disease, struggling family members, callings ~ they move forward, leading us all. I love my parents.

By the way ~ I like this 17 thing.

1 comment:

Lauren@ "Happiness is..." said...

It's fun to get caught in someone else's world isn't it?