8.9.10

Raindrops on Rooftops

I love thunderstorms, love them.  I love walking in them, love watching them, love hearing them, and above all love falling asleep as they occur outside of my safe and warm home. 

However, last night I was in bed and asleep prior to the stroke of midnight and was awoken by a clap, a loud clap ... actually it was more of a
BOOM!

... it was in the house, I was sure.  I sat straight up, heart pounding, luckily not hitting my head on the ceiling {I love my loft bed}.  For a moment, it was brief, I was sure that Ace had somehow acquired a firearm of some sort and shot Beany or the downstairs neighbors had finally had enough of the eleven o'clock sing-a-long hour and taken action with a rifle.  I shook that fear out of me quickly, guns and I are not friendly with one another.  Then another BOOM!!  Fright led to flight and I jumped out of bed {in my Jumpin' Jammerz obviously, yep!}, there was no way I was going to get back to sleep with gun fire going off all around me.  By the time I hit the door my mind had found footing and realized that it was a thunderstorm outside, a tremendous thunderstorm.

Ace and Beany were wide awake and not caught up in the shock of it and I quickly mirrored their calm, although with my own twist of mumbling and inaudible sounds.  With a pat on the shoulders and an assurance that there were no fire arms in the vicinity, I climbed back up to bed.  But I was up.  I called CA, explaining through his laughter ~ as I had told him earlier in the day that I would be asleep by 11 ~ that I was asleep but woken by the storm.  In my explanation he heard a

CLAP!

..."WOW!"  He then stopped laughing, sensing that the late hour and my lack of sleep over the weekend was causing a bit more emotion from this girl than normal.  He began humming sounds from my favorite film and like a trained Pavlov dog my mind started to list happy and good things ~ the humming continued.
  • The mountains and I finally have a great relationship, I love seeing the sun rise behind them!
  • Work is 8.7 minutes from my front door
  • Friends and siblings are close at hand
  • Bleu is happy and working after another cross country trip
  • A cloud created in the likeness of Mickey will soon be in my possession ~ for real!

  • Bedtime usually includes a story or a song, I'm currently in love with my living situation
  •  Beans and I both had a moment, me on a plane and he in the van ... we sure do like each other a lot
  • Chez and Baby Paige have stolen my heart

  • This past weekend reminded me of what I truly want and desire
  • Watching the 'student' become the 'master' causes happy tears and sincere joy, again reminding me of what I need to work toward and strive for

  • Trucks make me happy and normally those that drive them
  • Pajama parties {yellow and cheetah print are en route!!!}

  • Papa's texts
  • Mom's messages
  • Gchat conversations
  • Blonde hair
Falling asleep to CAs voice and happy thoughts ... not gun shots ... Life is good.  Life is actually great!

1 comment:

BYU Rugby Forever said...

So where do you live now? Indy or somewhere else?

Because I miss those crazy thunderstorms at home too ... :D