4.11.10

Happiness is ... Asher, the Favorite


Happiness is …

… seeing the smile on a child’s face after their first performance on stage
… watching Julie and Christopher banter back and forth after 45 years and then watching the Sound of Music
… eating something out a pumpkin that I created that tasted FANTASTIC {toot toot}
… having Gramps and Grams sleeping in my house
… countdowns getting smaller and new reasons for countdowns
… watching my brother bring an audience to laughter’s tears as he performs
… knowing that Stark isn’t quite as perfect as I had initially thought
… having plans for May
… having a routine that is flexible but still my routine
… remembering the fun of riding in trucks with boys
… knowing Papa did well on his LSAT
… eating a chicken’s foot without gagging
… watching Ace stand of furniture for the fifth time {and most likely a sixth and seventh as well}
… Dracula at midnight and Maverick’s at two am and the company
… watching Jeff’s face as he was told he ‘got it’
… Baby Q clearly calling ‘Marsha’ from the kitchen and Porter being just as excited about it as I am
… seeing videos of Harli
… an empty inbox at the office
… singing voicemails
… the Mormon Bachelorette finding love with the boy I would have loved
… a perfect book
… a succinct and valid first Sunday testimony
... blind dates I set up being successful {successful being still in communication a week following date}
… flirtatious texts
… promised visits
… red toes with white polka-dots
… late night conversations
… WH getting ready for babies to come
… green lights from the 15 to San Francisco

 
… Asher.  Why?  Well, after two months of not seeing me he made my year …  I walked into the reception, the mood very much ‘wedding rush’.  I saw Brandon first, he gave me a quick hug but being wise knew who I was really looking for.  He pointed in the direction of Stace and the kiddos.  Asher, my favorite Ellison Man {I should have thought of this around the fire}, then saw me.  It took a moment as he realized that I was standing there.  “Kasi!!!”, cue adorable kid running at me with arms outstretched for the catch and hug he knew would be coming. “Hi, hi!”  I was expecting to have to reintroduce myself to this little man but he remembered me!  We had a moment, its engraved in my memory.  I miss him already!!

No comments: