19.11.10

Planes and Plans

This morning as I drove south on the 15 I saw one of these headed out of the valley and wanted to be on it ...


I picked up the phone and called CA, bless his heart for picking up at the ridiculous hour. He reminded this girl that she doesn't really like flying.  Thanks!  Our conversation continued and he quickly noted the pitchy-antsy voice and he indulged me for a bit before giving a rousing lecture about leaving things undone ~ the latter has been noted and filed away.  I focus on the moments he let 'Kasi win', we started to make plans for our trip on a train across the vast lands of Eastern Europe {we have to get there on a plane but I'll drug myself to high heaven ~ pun fully intended} and it was to these plans I returned after the lecture.  The click-clack of the train against the rails, the country side, hours of conversation about nothing but our favorite literature, political notions {as I will be taking back my voice as of Jan 1 in regards to this, the year is up}, fancy foods and future trips ... sounds like my piece of heaven.  Let's go.

In other news, I don't want to be the one being looked back at ... I want to be the one of the few that are actually possessed, passionately enthralled in the intense now of life.  


"They looked back at me, remotely, possessed by intense life." 
~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

No comments: