21.6.11

Life is Good

Life is good.  Life is really good.

We read a book on our way East and West {a journey to be documented when the day is not the longest of the year and the Alpine Slide is not calling my name}, “What Dreams May Come”.  It kept us all engaged and made those finals hours through Illinois fly by.  Have you read this?  Yes, there is a movie but have you read this?  I find the written word to be my favorite form of communication as it allows for emotions and thoughts to be communicated perfectly {note your pile of Hallmark cards}.  Matheson’s thoughts regarding afterlife are intriguing and thought provoking.  We found ourselves emotionally connected to his characters, from the deep devotion that carried Chris into a hell and willingness to make such heaven to the simple love of Katie, their dog, as she stays at Chris’ side as he figures out Summerland.  The conglomeration of so many ‘after death’ theories worked for me, for the most part. 

"Thank you...for gracing my life with your lovely presence, for adding the sweet measure of your soul to my existence."   

Several lines stood out to me, causing me to make note for future Hallmark cards or presentation of emotions/feelings.  But the above thought that is shared, as Chris descends to ‘hell’ while making it his ‘heaven’, I feel encompasses this time in my life.  People are moving on, they have gotten their ‘stuff together’ and have taken giant leaps {at least from where I’m sitting, watching with a smile on my face}.  They are moving into fun new adventures, some of them with fantastic new companions.  I’ll follow the blogs and we’ll check in with one another, of that I’m certain.  But I took a minute, as the Lake beat up against the rocks at home, to put it all in perspective as change and I don't always get along.  I like the life when they are all close, a 5 minute walk or 25 minute drive away.  But that changes and I can be grateful for them, as they were and as they now are.  It’s life, it is what it is … but it is FANTASTIC.

Some things will stay the same … B and I will always laugh at our difference in opinion, Gramps will always make me laugh with his reaction to Grams’ statements, Stac will always be the easiest to talk to, Sir will always remind me that I’m part-child, Papa will always speak to me with his eyes, and sleep will always be better if someone is near {last night stunk!}.  And new things will become familiar ~  Binx has perhaps figured out that touch is calming and a walk when nothing is said by me is perhaps the solution, Bells and I can convey a whole conversation with an eye roll from across the room or through the rear-view mirror.  I am a fan of the give and take.  I am a fan of the change.  I am a fan of the consistency.

I like my mom … I like my papa … I like my sister … I like my job … I LIKE MY WHOLE LIFE.

No comments: