9.6.11

Soothing Strumin'


Life is fantastic, I have nothing to complain about … truly.  But yesterday at about 5:32 a button was pushed that I didn’t even know was a button and I was ornery.  There was time during the drive south to get lost in my thoughts, I indulged the orneriness within me.  At dinner I pushed it aside, Ace may say my avoidance tactics are unhealthy but they certainly make for a simpler and more pleasant evening for the company I keep.  I laughed at the stories, sincerely.  I smiled and participated in the evening.  Then I got in my car and drove north ~ same drive time, same indulgent behavior.  I was just ornery.

I got to the house and was a bit relieved that my company didn’t mind it or, at the very least, didn’t push further after I stated plainly that I did not want to discuss it.  We put in a movie and I got lost in the dapperness of the costumes and the ridiculous humor.  Post movie, I tried my darndest not to be snarky and biting as I knew there was no foundation for my attitude.  I failed a few times but I think, hope, that Binx is perhaps getting accustom to a random night of unfounded orneriness and apology through looks rather than words.  As the house retired I remained on that comfy couch, Binx started strumming on the guitar.  We didn’t talk, just existed there for thirty minutes, maybe more.  About halfway through this time I gave in, giving up the attitude, realizing that the button pushed was not intentional by the other party.  I closed my eyes and let the new creation he was working on win.  I was happy to lose last night.

YAY for patient humans, I certainly am surrounded by more than my share.  YAY for soothing melodies, no ‘Git the Grit’ was played but the new song was the lullaby I needed last night.  When I get that book written or come upon a pot of gold I may secure the presence of constant soothing strums.

No comments: