1.3.12

Marching into March

At the beginning of February I spoke with CA, setting goals and such.  February was month of Felicity, happiness.  In the final hours of the month, granted an extra day due to the world's rotation, Aunt Betty passed ... returning to Uncle Bud, the love of her life.  She was granted her happiness, surrounding by her sisters and daughters.
 
I visited Aunt Betty a lot while I was at home.  It was nice going to talk to someone, without the world knowing, who would hold my hand with such delicacy and listen with her whole heart ... forgetting it all moments after I left.  Is it wrong I found such comfort in that?  I could vent my frustrations about x-future-Mr.-Kasi and the fears that I had about it all and she would be sympathetic but not worry about me after I exited her room.  She would ask about 'our' story and respond with smiles and tears.  She would share moments about her and her Bud, laughing at their fun failures and shedding sweet tears over their successes.  It was not a perfect marriage, she was first to admit that, but she certainly loved that man with her whole heart.  When Smiles came into my life, I shared with her my trepidation and she offered me the courage to try again ... and again. I miss her already.

March is March Madness ... CA and I stole the title from the NCAA (if you are lost, bless you - my theater loving friend and just continue reading).  It's a month of booked weekends and moving forward, decisions. He asked that I have two adult conversations this month.  I think he assumes that if he asks for just one I'll find someone else to have it with.  Two means he gets one ... I'm not dense enough not to pick up on that. But there are 31 days in this month and I love waiting 'til the final hour ~ that is Saturday. I asked that he spend less time contemplating and more time living. Cease the day! Dance! Hold hands! Laugh until you pee a little {but not on my couch}! Be read to! Read to someone! Take the picture even if your hair is a mess! Wake up and see the sunrise! Return the text with call! Just show up! and please, SMILE! and breathe.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love to read my daughters' writings! The editor in me is making me post this comment. The phrase begins with the word- 'seize'....love ya....pops