29.9.08

Tied up with a Bow

I think too much … I stay up late into the night thinking … I get on airplanes thinking … I watch a movie and find myself having to rewind because I’ve gotten lost in thought … I wake up in the middle of the night and my mind is already going at a million miles an hour … I attempt to distract myself with a book but find myself rereading the same page for hours …

After something occurs that has so many implications and yet so many unknowns … After something occurs that might offer a whole new view on life … After something occurs that might very well break me if I’m not careful … After something occurs that shakes me to the very core … After something occurs that I had never expected to occur … After something occurs that was not suppose to occur … After something does not occur …

… It would turn out that I’m a girl. I might roll my eyes, I might make some sarcastic or cynical remark … but I do go weak in the knees. I do feel the butterflies awaken. I do forget to breathe. My heart does skip a beat, sometimes two or even three.

So after all is said and done and all my thoughts on the subject have been categorized and dramatized and simplified and logically analyzed I’ve come to one final conclusion. It was perfect, for that moment in time. It was exactly what I would have imagined it being, even though I had not imagined it. It was so perfect in fact that I want to steal it from the banks of my memory and put it in a box, wrapped with a perfectly tied bow, so that one day I can pull it out and show my granddaughter how truly perfect it can be.

No comments: