17.8.09

Liberty Park and I and the Past Little While

Normally I am a Morning Park Person, due to the fact that I spent all of my evenings up until this past Thursday at Hale Centre Theatre. However, now that my days end between three and five at the grownup job, I have ample time to be an Evening Park Person.

Morning Park People are much different than Early Evening Park People. Morning Park People are hard core Park people. They have dogs, I ran sans dog which was a bit depressing. My running partner, he and I usually make it to the Park in about the same five minute time span, has a black lab ~ the dog's name is Roger. Running partner and I met a few months ago and spend the mornings I make it to the Park quietly running parallel to one another, no talking. Obviously, occasionally there are a few words but only those necessary to maintain our uncommunicative relationship ~ typical Kas, I know. But this is typical Morning Park People, focused on the task at hand ~ exercising and burning whatever frustration a night's sleep did not extinguish.

Early Evening Park People are fascinatingly diverse. There was a roller-derby team at the Park today, wow. There were many families celebrating the final Family Home Evening, as the sun went down, before school starts. There was a concert going on in the middle of the Park, bringing in quite the eclectic crowd. Several young couples holding hands making their way around the circle. There was one pregnant mom yoga class ~ this was fantastic to watch for a moment, those poses with those bellies ... a feat! I only went around twice, things are just more laid back including my drive in the evening. I spent the remaining allotted park time sitting and watching these groups of people ~ I lost track of time and loved every minute of it.

I might number myself among the Early Evening Park People but I'm going to go a few more days to be certain. I'll have to say goodbye to Roger and walker, do you get someone like that a Hallmark card? I'll contemplate.

In other news ... Adam made a promise last week as I hit a wall of female emotion and frustration. It's nice to have an Adam. Said promise got me through to Tuesday when I hit another wall ~ again, 26 is just an emotional roller coaster (we've only got 9 more months of this, stick with me!). But I have sweet friends that are more in tune with things than I am and got me to the temple. Sister Holt, this dear sweet sister whom I may never see again, took me through those sweet promises over and over again and as the Spirit filled our little room all of those fears and anxieties were swept away. The Lord's promises are real, I often forget. But they are real. So between Adam's succinct verbiage and deals and the Lord's enduring patience and commitments ~ life is good, great in fact.

No comments: