5.9.09

And Again ...

Some of you that aren't quite familiar with the Mount/French routine of things are going to think I'm lying. But even those of you that think I'm lying ~ please, take a minute to remember how horrible I am at said action and how quickly you receive a phone call {even in the dead of night ~ these are my fun new little things -{}-, CA sent me an email full of them, a new recent discovery for him and I am stealing his cleverness} because my guilty conscience has overcome me and I need to apologize. Those of you who have known me longer than six months are going to nod and not find it shocking when I tell you ... I'm heading home for another funeral. Yes, that's right, we just had one on Monday and now we will have one on Tuesday.

I'll be honest, I laughed a bit at the Heavens when Dad first told me she was in the hospital ~ seriously?!? The silent tears were shed as I heard the news just a few hours later that she had passed, so quickly. It was then that the slight panic set in, I am still so exhausted from the funeral and the events that accompanied said funeral, I can't do this again. I continued in Coping Kasi mode, as I had never come out of it.

I got in the car and drove, no specific destination. There was a part of me that wanted to yell and scream. I did that. There was a part of me that wanted to just cry. I did not do that. But I did yell and scream some more. When I made it home the roommates were supportive, bless their hearts, and did not make me talk ~ which I appreciate more than I could ever convey. I was grateful for the Food Friend who reminds me that I need to do that by bringing me Paradise {my FAVORITE}. Then Kirst called, randomly, not knowing anything of my past week. Talking with her brought a few tears as we chatted about the frustrations of life. She understood. I was also grateful for Harry Potter, Book 7 is now finished and I'm not quite certain I can have another tragedy occur ~ 3 deaths now ~ without Harry, Ron and Hermione to keep me distracted.

Today was hard. CA tried to get me to talk but I was not about to have that {I do love you very much though}. I got laundry done, unpacked my suitcase from the last funeral, and repacked it. It was then that a friend ~ YAY for such things ~ invited me to get out of the house for something other than errands. I needed human contact, I needed the distraction, so off I went.

I put this face on, this over-joyous smile with the sarcastic eyes and use the word 'peachy' like my Father. I felt myself use this face countless times this evening. I was grateful for the moment when I did not put on this face and asked a friend for a blessing. The loud theatre around us became silent as he spoke, "overly-comforted ... angels around you ... greatly loved," and for that moment in time I felt the peace that I need to keep going.

This happens, death happens. It will continue to happen. I understand that. But for right now, for tonight or this morning, right at this very minute ... I hate it.

Here is the list of things that I do not hate however {yes, my own bit of 'Favorite Things' to get me through}
  • Having Spice Girls come on during a 'shuffle' Ipod hour
  • Grey's Anatomy being back in 20 days ~ don't judge
  • Glee coming on next week
  • Long showers
  • Facebook bickering
  • A LARGE Coke ~ the real deal
  • Sara and Amy across from me
  • David and Molly during Madame Guillotine
  • Damn rather than Dem
  • Jon McBride's Pose during curtain call
  • White men trying to get the deaf Latin man to understand
  • Greg impersentating Molly
  • Molly being Molly
  • Snorting laughter
  • Snorting laughter in response to snorting laughter
  • Molly on the Segway
  • Greg's posture on the Segway
  • Megan on the Segway
  • Me on the Segway
  • Adrien singing like she was bleached as a child ~ SHE'S AMAZING!!
  • Adrien and Greg singing at 2 am
  • Marki {the faithful GPS} getting me home at 2:30
  • My key working

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kas. I'm so sorry. Don't really know what else to say. I've been thinking about you all weekend. Hope you are ok. can't wait till you are back sitting behind me.