29.9.09

Its a Deal ... For Now.

We have been deal making friends for quite sometime now. I will say something that I want him to do and he will ask, "Well, what do I get out of it?" We'll make a deal allowing both of us to have what we want. There are those deals however that I don't want to make, so I decline politely {apparently with a batting of the eyes}. Then, as if Mama Shrink sent him the How-To, he will negatively reinforce my response. This is how our conversation went a week ago.

"So you'll need to talk about that."
"No thank you."
"With both of them."
"No thank you."
"Kas {then he takes that famous pause in the which I should know to bale out of the conversation boat but I find myself intrigued, knowing he is going to try to make me a deal and often my rewards are great!}, will you make me a deal?"
"Sure," I should not have been so quick to respond but I tend to think of the rewards rather than the few and far between negative reinforcement deals.
"You have to wear your hair curly until you have these conversations."
"You're funny."
"I'm serious."
"That's asinine."
"You agreed, curly hair until you have the conversations."

So my hair has been curly for the past week. I had one conversation Friday night on our drive back north but the deal was for both. I think it's going to come down to my tolerance for curls and my ability to think of a better deal to ONE-UP him with so that I can get out of the current deal ... this second conversation is not on the books to be had.

In other news ~ have you ever seen one of these?



I refer to it as the Magic Board but then I tried to explain it to the office folk and they wanted technical terms as me throwing out the word 'magic' every seven words was not something they could grasp and imagine. It's technically called a SmartBoard. Bottom line, this is AMAZING! I was in Mr. B's classroom last week and all of the sudden he used this MAGIC pen and WHAM things on the board moved and changed and copied and printed and ... IT WAS MAGICAL. I might have gasped. I don't understand the technical stuff behind it. I don't understand the technical stuff behind fireworks but that doesn't mean I don't love them and anxiously anticipate the holidays they accompany! I might want one of these for my house, my office, and any other place I could be in front of a crowd and want to write on the interactive Magic Board. For now I'll just stop in at Mr. B's to enjoy the magic.

No comments: