24.8.11

Summing up my Summer ...

My summer has been grand, truly.  {I believe in using words like 'grand' and 'lovely' as they are not heard enough in a world of 'awesome' and 'cool'} People I love made eternal commitments to one another.  I spent some time on my rock, at my Lake, with my family and a few of my people.  I was able to see Cowboy catch a football and Girlfriend ride.  I have managed to keep my job, keep my boss a bit more than thrilled with me, and the interventions from Work Family to a minimum.  We spent a few long night up at the cabin, the stars have only been seen so clearly in Washington before that night.  There was a nun at the LA symphonic performance that I wanted to put in my pocket for forever ~ can I have my own, please? Doc found that throwing me into bodies of water or twirling me around in the kitchen shuts me up or gets me talking but only for a moment. I'm now prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse.  Uncle and family live within a forty-two minute drive now.  There have been quiet moments at the House on the Hill.  Long drives into the mountains followed by long walks where no words needed to be shared keep me grounded.  Dinners in the 'city' make me appreciate friends that stick around.  Binx and RM {which awkwardly enough are his actual initials but also the acronym for his nickname} keep me up until the moments just before dawn, allowing me to vent and be ridiculous.  Babies have come.  Quiet talks as we walk to the start of the hill and back to the far mailbox make me wonder but appreciate the miracles that still occur.  Visits from soul mates and calls/texts/gchats with CA reminded me of promises I made that I should keep, always.



I'm going to runaway {RM said I can ~ parental units, take it up with him} a few more times before I unpack the fall clothes and start purchasing tights.  Perhaps these jaunts will lead to a new destination of dwelling all together.  Perhaps these jaunts will merely grant me a plethora of happy memories to hold tight to as a long winter is coming, to be sure.  Summer 2011, you've been practically perfect.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Sounds wonderful, grand, lovely and practically perfect in every way! I am hoping that WE are one of those "jaunts" you speak of? :)