20.3.09

Loyal True Aggie Here

Well Known Fact: I was raised in Chicago.
Well Known Fact: I was raised in the theatre.
NOT As Well Known Fact: I LOVE SPORTS. Well, everything but golf (sorry T, we tried!).

Baseball. Check. Alright, this is listed first because truly I can't sit through nine whole innings. I can make it to the Seventh Inning Stretch, TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALL GAME, and then I'm ready to go. I can make it through the whole game if we don't show up until the bottom of the Third and the HotDog vendor is close.

Rugby. Check. Brigham.

Soccer. Check. This love took time to cultivate and I've got demands, I can watch the World Cup and any game involving little children. I have a feeling however, as the little children turn into bigger children I'll still be watching the corner kicks.

Football. Check. How can you grow up with the children of Glen Kozlowski in the city of Mike Ditka and not know the difference between a tightend and a runningback? Impossible. You can't have a Sunday afternoon with Grandpa if you aren't clear on the downs and flags.

Basketball. Check. BJ Armstrong. Bill Cartwright. Horace Grant. Scottie Pippin. Michael Jordan. Reread the first line if this post if you are still confused.

And so today, as I took my lunch with a group of about twenty men in the lunch area watching the USU Aggies battle Marquette I laughed a bit to myself. I laughed a bit harder as the guy from the ISS team looked at me completely shocked as I threw a bit of a fit at a flagrant foul that was not called. I enjoyed watching Stew Morrill on the sidelines, its been too long. I might have been the loudest, not truly surpising, right?, as the last forty seconds were played. I had comments for most of them, comments I would share with Spencer Nelson had it been seven years ago and we shared our biology hour. For now ... WATCH THE PERSONAL FOULS! AMAZING PASSING GAME! YAY WILKINSON! WATCH THE PERSONAL FOULS! CON CUIDADO WITH THOSE REBOUNDS! WATCH THE PERSONAL FOULS! SLOW IT DOWN! SWEET QUALE! WATCH THE PERSONAL FOULS! WOW, STEW IS STAYING PRETY CALM! WATCH THE PERSONAL FOULS! DANG THOSE FREE THROWS! WATCH THE PERSONAL FOULS! DANG IT WILKINSON! DANG IT!Alright Aggies, its been seven years since a game has been won during March Madness. I'm not going anywhere. We'll try again next March!

3 comments:

LemonDrop Creative | Ashley said...

this. was. awesome. way t represent the female sports lovers!!!! and our aggies!

Unknown said...

Kas,
Being from Chicago the saying- as a Cub fan would surely know- wait 'till next year!!!
Love ya...dad

Lauren@ "Happiness is..." said...

such a heartbreaker.....