30.3.09

Comfy Couch

It was late when I received the text that the lights were on and the House on the Corner was no longer empty. It was a bit later when I finally made it to the House on the Corner. I did not immediately reach into the closest to pull out socks, was the House on the Corner truly warmer than usual? Unbelievable. He did dishes as we chatted through the weeks event. He's that friend.

As he scooped out ice cream, he's that friend, I eyed the couch downstairs. "Are you even allowed to eat on it?" I asked, knowing that as the owner of the couch he is the only person who can actually give the go-ahead. He's that friend.


We made our way to the couch (not an exact replica above but similarly GINORMOUS and COMFY). The conversation went from one end of the spectrum to the other. In a moment of lull, in the lull of a moment ... however one would word that ... both Friend and I fell asleep. I HAD NO SOCKS ON, NO BLANKETS! I fell asleep on that GINORMOUS and COMFY couch.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the company of Friend. But he's that friend that doesn't get offended, no rather he joins in the napping or starts the napping. He's that friend. I like that friend. I think I'm going to steal the couch and allow friend bi-weekly visits. It's GINORMOUS, I'm going to need help getting it out of the House on the Corner as well as convincing Friend that it truly belong in the Nook. Dang it that the owner is my most GINORMOUS friend. Dang it that the owner looked for months before finding this GINORMOUS and COMFY couch. Dang it that I have a guilty conscience, I'm that friend.

As long as I'm that friend ... I'll continue to head to the House on the Corner and enjoy the GINORMOUS and COMFY couch along with the company, he's that friend.

2 comments:

LemonDrop Creative | Ashley said...

Remember when you and I stole said Ginormous Friend's ironing board and iron? And that we almost died because of it? Haha... that was awesome. I'll totally help you keif that ginormous couch of his. You just tell me when and I'm there.

Elisha said...

You can steal the couch, I'm stealing the bed! I'm glad that you're that friend!