15.6.09

Brother Brigham

I have the world's greatest Baby Brother. These past few days I've found myself in a bit of a world-wind ~ not certain which way is up or which direction I should be walking. It's funny what another year does to you. I found myself looking at plane tickets home to spend some quality time with Dad ... to LA as Adam has gotten a new job here and someone needs to be attending the yoga in the park every afternoon ... calling my contacts in DC ... reminding Uncle Joe that he would like me to Chicago and live with him ... but made no purchases. I began to again plan my dream train trip ~ yes, it is my dream to mindlessly travel the United States, perhaps even Canada, on the rails while writing the next great American Novel ~ get ready world ~ to me that sounds like heaven! Everything just kept coming last week ... the unnecessary drama, the moments of fear, the questions ... on and on. Yesterday things calmed down a bit, a phone call from Dad and a good three hour block of Church tends to do that, but curling up in bed ~ windows open and wind blowing ~ my mind began to run with the wind. Within thirty minutes of holding the sweet little one ~ who had just learned to say my name! ~ and promising his parents I was great and staying in Utah for at least the next two years I was back on that train heading nowhere at a leisurely pace while writing. It was then sweet Baby Brother, Briggy-bear, Buba shot a text my way, certainly his timing could not have been better as I had the energy to pack my bags at that hour.


After a half an hour of texts, sincere and direct, I found my mind at ease and a strong inclination to lay my head down and get some much needed sleep. He had reminded to put two feet in, not allowing any part of me to go running in any direction. He reminded me that it has been a long time since some of these thoughts and feelings existed and that living with them, through them is the task. So for now, I live in Utah and I like it ~ after all, we've had the best June to date with all of this rain!

No comments: