23.6.09

Time

I have a grownup job at HP during the day, which I love. Things have been a bit crazy as of late but I like crazy. At night I venture to a local theater ~ not quite a Lincolnshire but not exactly the traveling acting bus touring around the beach front either ~ to find humor, friends, and fun, with a dash of drama for flair. It's a rare moment when I find myself at home, awake ~ I like it that way. Whether I was at the Campaign Office, the Institute, Bunks, Ems, the Beach ... I've liked to be busy.

S made mention, when we were still speaking ~ don't call my friends names, even if you consider yourself a 'special friend', you'll get kicked to the curb ~ of the difficulty to spend time with me. Time is made in my opinion and apparently I decided not to make time for S. But I'm a quality time person ~ I'll stay up late to chat with you on the phone if you call at 12:30 PST or get up early if you only have fifteen minutes on the way to the office, in Manhattan. I'll head into the office two hours early, change around my meetings, to get out in time to take the dog to Liberty Park with you, drive an hour north to sit on the porch and watch the sun go down with you, or hop on a plane to be there as you freak out about things we only freak out about ... I'm a time person, that is my offering and that is what I appreciate the most ~ I'm not a flower girl, a jewlery girl, or even a chocolate girl (unless my sister has baked the brownies to a percise gooiness or Robs has just dipped the strawberries).

So last night I spent some time chatting with a friend before hitting the hay. What surprised me about our conversation as we got off of the telephone was the fact that our roles in one another's lifes have changed, without me really being aware of it. I went through the bedtime routine ~ mindless teeth care/facewash/lotion/choosing of pajAmas ~ amazed at us. Two grownups, acting like grownups, acting like grownups towards one another. I think had I notice the change as it occured I would have paniced, found myself in anxious fits, or wondered what was wrong with us ~ we were functional as is. But because I keep myself occupied, I did not have time to overthink this change between he and I. I'm glad for that. I'm glad for our mindless thoughts and sincere remarks. You can have your crush and I can have mine and we can discuss. You can have your plans and I can have my plans and we can compare notes. You can have your life and I can have mine and we'll intertwine them as we see fit. I'm glad for time, we've had a lot of it ~ but I think we've finally figured us out.

1 comment:

LemonDrop Creative | Ashley said...

I couldn't have said it better myself. :) I appreciate my time, too. And time spent with you is even better!!