18.1.11

4th South and 3rd West

That is the intersection where Bleu stopped, ceased to work, died.  We were cruising right along after a therapeutic evening with Em and she, Bleu, just gave up.  I turned to A and was shocked, so I laughed {I laugh at inappropriate moments}.  Then my brain went at about a mile and a half a minute ... let me share the thoughts of that minute. Sidenote: this is not Bleu below but she is the same make.


Oh-goodness {no censoring folks, that's truly what my mind thought, yep!}-those-lights-have-never-been-on-before-what-do-they-mean?-Singer-took-Bleu-for-an-oil-change-and-checkup-before-I-headed-back-to-Utah-and-everything-checked-out-okay- {A asked who I was going to call my response was internal as outwardly I just laughed}-Singer-is-not-close-so-calling-him-would-be-fruitless-and-frustrating-and-cause-him-to-worry-Dang-Ace-for-not-being-home-would-Ace-know-what-to-do?-Papa-is-sleeping-although-he-would-not-care-if-I-woke-him-but-he-would-think-someone-had-died-if-I-call-at-this-hour-Ashely-is-handy-with-car-but-she-is-far-where-is-a-Muraski-when-I-need-one?-the-gas-light-isn't-on-is-Pretty-boy-from-the-ward-handy-with-cars?-doubtful-Pete-should-be-sleeping-Ogre-would-be-ornery-Bitzy-is-home-or-on-her-way-she-could-come-get-me-but-do-I-just-leave-Bleu-here-overnight-that-makes-me-oober-nervous-oh-I-have-that-thing-with-State-Farm-that-says-do-what-needs-to-done-and-send-us-the-bill.  Oh, okay, I'll just do what needs to be done, likely a tow.  I did not cry, I laughed a little bit more and turned to A.  She had already called Em and she was on her way back.  A nice police officer, with no car knowledge {which I think is RIDICULOUS}, helped push Bleu into the gas station.  Em arrived and handed me the phone, her husband Richard was on the other end.  He is magical and within 57 seconds of hearing his voice Bleu came back to life, without complaint or explanation.  He was kind {although he had full reason to think I was an imbecile}, Em was kind {she had reason to be frustrated, she's a mom with kids to get to school tomorrow!} and all was well in the world.

As I drove home, Em following to be certain that Bleu was not going to relapse, CA called {not handy with cars} and I told him the story, he laughed that guttural laugh as I shared my thoughts during that initial minute or so. As we continued our conversation, a random collection of topics, he made this comment, "Get married, you'll have husband to call.  He may have no knowledge of cars Kas but he'll at least be legally bound to come and get you and keep you out of the front cab of a tow-truck." He then proceeded to tell me a CREEPY story of a girl getting into that front cab, it could have been a Criminal Minds episode, it was that scary. I love that this was his thought though... LOVE IT!  Why?  Well, because this is the man that has not ONCE encouraged me towards that particular adventure, he's the man that has given me EVERY excuse to not do it.  Oh, how time changes everything. He was proud when I reminded him that already last week, twice this week and once next week I would be making efforts {in spite of my slightly jaded attitude regarding the reasoning behind a few of their requests for time with Kasi} in this regard.

YAY for a working Bleu! YAY for State Farm-do-what-you-need-to-do-plan that gives me a sense of safety! YAY for magical Richard! YAY for change! YAY for efforts!

No comments: