11.1.11

Year Off ... Over

So in 2010 I decided to keep my thoughts and opinions to myself regarding political manners.  I pat myself on the back as I did a fairly good job I believe.  But it is 2011 now and ... BOY OH BOY!!

Can we talk about this? And by we I mean me, because its my blog and my year of thoughts-to-self is OVER.  To be honest, I don't have a lot of words as I am completely flabbergasted, not surprised, but FLABBERGASTED at the length people will go for ... what is it they are doing, raising money?  Oh, right.  Because at this time of loss, a nine year old girl and five others, it is ABSOLUTELY appropriate to pull out your checkbooks.   Let us not reflect, let us write a check and raise our glass. 

I do not claim that 'my side' has been proper, Palin and Beck are likely not the reason for this.  But people, come on!

Let it be said, I have a voice and I'll use it.  To be clear ... I do not agree with basing the 'largest fundraising (sic) day in (their) history' to be founded on a loss of innocent lives.

No comments: