25.1.11

Passion and Other Stuff


Elton John.  Adam in his happy place.  Wednesday was a good day and an even better night.  As I watched my friend walk around, finishing last minute plans, I saw a man on mission.  I saw a man who not only believed in what he does but acts each day to make the changes he knows are necessary in the world.  There was a passion in his eyes that night, a passion that is rare in the eyes of people today.  Certainly there are moments when he gets frustrated or days when all of his efforts are not acknowledged but he continues onward in his efforts to change the world.  He has a passion I seek to find each day.

After my time in California, I had a some thoughts about life and where I saw mine going.  I spent some time with the Good Word and in my thoughts. As it would turn out, I've found {again, I keep forgetting} a good path.  It's not what I would have initially picked nor what might look like the most fun.  But it is a path that I can be passionate about walking on.

In other news, I found myself saying to the Big Guy late on Sunday night that I would take the girls if another friend could have the boys ~ she doesn't need girls as much as I want only boys.  After I crawled into bed my mind stuck with this thought of girls in my life.  {One step at a time, I know} But as I laughed at the fact that after 10 years ~ it's been that long since my pleading began for a house of boys ~ I remembered one of my favorite memories with no-longer-future-Mr-Kasi.  We were with his sister and her family, her newest female addition less than two weeks old.  As n-l-f-M-K held the little one and spoke with the eldest child, also female, I had a moment ~ although brief ~ where I thought, "Every guy needs at least one little girl to be adorable with and to adore him."   I loved n-l-f-M-K a little bit more after seeing him with those girls, incredibly sincere and tender he was.  So world, angels taking note, future children finally being acknowledged ... I won't ship the girls to Ace, at least not initially ~ perhaps when they are spasing out from 11-17 they'll take an extended trip but we'll discuss that as it comes and see where my patience level is.  For now, the new plan that I am getting a bit passionate about, is to keep them.

Around the world ...  After countless years of debate there has been some motion forward, albeit leaked and now causing outrage, in terms of Palestinian refugees returning to Israel.  1000 a year for the next ten years.  One step at a time.

And to conclude, there are a few of you wondering when your nickname will be finalized.  Folks, have some patience.  It has taken anywhere from four minutes to four months to come up with an adequate name for others.  They do not just drop out of thin air ~ they are founded {well, most of them} and fitting.  Patience, Grasshoppers.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Agreed! Boys are amazing, but girls definitly have their place too...cause heck, I am one! :) love you!