24.3.08

Katabasis of sorts

Last year for Easter I was basking in the warmth of Sunny Southern California with Robs, Cass, E and clan. I remember be woken up by Cass running into my room at a ridiculously early hour and screaming "Kas, your Dad came!" I sat up, rubbed out the all-to-famous eye buggers, and looked at my five-year-old niece with question ~ no voice. "No really, your Dad just came and dropped this off. I have one and mommy." She then handed me a corsage ~ a tradition, Daddy giving all of us girls corsages on both Easter and Mother's day. I was shocked, not that I should have been. For 23 years Dad had somehow managed to get me flowers, whether I was in Logan - Washington - and now California. YAY for surfing-helper-bunnies that help the bi-costal delivery of Holiday corsages! Minus an upset Cass, I don't remember why!, during picture moments the day was fantastic! The Easter Bunny provided and offered all sorts of Easter treats!

This past weekend, sticking with tradition here in the great state of Utah, I did the Chicago clan thing. I can hardly believe how cute these little guys were. Mason dropped his basket full of 'munnies' and 'treats' at least ten times!









But he was a happy camper, "Marcia, look ... look Marcia at all of my treats!" It was so cute! Who needs their own kids when you have three sweet little guys right up the road to provide lots of luv and quality entertainment?
And this is sweet Bennett, who was quite a trooper!, with his Grandpa Pack. Grandpa Pack found out I have








been working for the Obama campaign ... I'll be honest, for a moment I thought that perhaps I would be crying just like Benny. But he was calm and collected, and thanks to Kirst's protection ... we managed to be quite friendly!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Happy Easter Kas!!! :) Missed you in Cali. Loves.