12.3.08

Kava and Brownies

So ... I like to be with my friends when their lives get tough. I like to jump on a plane and go sit in the hospital or cross town in the wee hours of the morning to make a run to the nearest open convenience store for some 'soul food' ~ it makes me feel as if I am helping those that so frequently help this girl that tends to brake.

I hate being far away when friends are having a rough time ... I feel completely helpless. I want to jump on that plane, pick them up, stop in at the house and pick up some of these from the unfaltering kitchen of Robs...

...and then go to a familiar condo, lay on that couch, and ignore the world with them. There is just something about Sports Center, a good episode of 24, or an hour of the Hills, brownies, and our allowed Kava (Diet Coke with Lime) that makes the world right.

However right now, I can't, DANG IT! So this is for you ... I love you and miss you so much! Remember, crying is inevitable but we have friends ~ great, funny, oft times inappropriate, but absolutely the best when it comes to GRRRRRRing at the world ~ so GRRRRRRRRRRRR!! And then remember that cheerful day last spring when we met ... McDaddy ...

2 comments:

Brenda said...

So, next time my life is rough--- I expect some of those BROWNIES!!! Sweet post. You are a great friend to everyone you meet and all those that meet you are blessed to know you.

Yes, Chez has curls, not sure where they came from either...

Kate said...

Hey lady! I finally got a BLOG. I know, a little behind the times! Anyways, enjoy!

singletonliving.blogspot.com