30.6.08

Happiness Is ...

Happiness is …

~ Having this guy get married … FINALLY!! (Not the middle, that’s Dave ~ who is expecting #4, FIRST GIRL!!, later this fall!) … and talking with this guy. We, Dave / Nate / Michelle and I seemed to be the VIP’s at this reception. Brad, Father of the Groom, sat with us just chatting about good old BGII fun times for a large part of the night

~ Seeing these guys in the temple on the middle guy’s wedding day! It was a fantastic surprise to walk in and see a gaggle of old friends. I constantly forget how tall those Labrums are or how sweet the Bryan women are or how dang hilarious AJ is! Thank you Chicago Temple Greeters for being so kind and patient with us as we reunited!

~ Enjoying family time on the Lake

~ Spending the flight back, layover, extended layover remembering all of the fun times the good ol’ days back in Chicago have to offer. Seeing the lil’ Eyres all grown up ~ Kylee Su is heading to college this year ~ made me feel so old. The Fitzgerald girls have grown into two amazingly stunning young ladies … I still think of them as the little ones who hated bedtime. Ty is married (sure it’s been two years or so but … he’s still 14 and being thrown in pools by admirers in my mind) and going to dental school ~ thanks to his amazing wife (I’m still a bit stunned as to how well he did for himself!). Brit has two little girls ~ sassy! Margaret got married. Andre is … well, bless his heart, he’s the same and I love that. The Rules are … oh I love them! I think every conversation I have have with Steve, I get that question, “Mar, when are you coming home?” The funny thing in, he’s not at ‘home’, he’s in Logan. But over that past six years somehow whenever I end up at that house on Burdick, Stevie is there ~ now he’ll be there with Lauren and between you and me … I might like Lauren better than Stevie, so this works well!

~ FOUND NEW HATS!

~ Jason and Jesse … need more be said?

~ Long talks with an old friend about life

~ Heather’s fantastic Sunday Shirts with Pete’s fabulous Heads, a welcome distraction to constant mucus induced noises

~ my M&M mornings/afternoons/nights/twilight time

HAPPY DAY!

6 comments:

Heather said...

I made the list!!

YES!

Anonymous said...

M&M's are good...mmm,k?!? Secretly I hope Jesse is voted off tonight so i can begin dating him.

Brenda said...

Ummm... You make me happy!

Unknown said...

Mern. Kyle is going to be so broken hearted. It saddens me to hear that you have moved on so quickly. :(

Oh. And it is good to be happy. I have a great list too. Albeit somewhat focused at present. But great nonetheless.

Mike & Traci said...

LOVE the background :) I bet someone pretty neat helped you get that - hahaha :)

M said...

FINALLY! I have been waiting for a new post. I love the new look, too! I agree with Mernie. M&M's ARE good. Especially our kind. Now that you've posted, I guess I have to. No more excuses.