19.10.08

Big Brothers

I took some time this weekend to go spend time with some of my favorite kiddos. I'll be honest, everything seems right in the world when you are in the company of three amazing little guys. Porter and Mason wanted to sing for the baby that we were anxiously waiting for. They practiced for at least ten minutes, laughing and enjoying every mess up. The above was the 'perfect one for Benny ran around the house singing "Twinkle Twinkle" but ultimately decided against sharing with the world.




From the looks of these pictures you might think that I have a bias towards Mason, not so. I love each of these little ones the same. Porter ~ because he makes me laugh with his stories. The child can somehow make something as simple as brushing his teeth into a ten minute story. He is getting to the age where there is reason, and a good one, behind everything as well. For example, he picked a book for us to read prior to bed time. It was a bit of girly book and so I inquired as to why this book was chosen. He looked up at me and simply announced, "Marsha, I need to know this book so I can read it to Quincy when she comes. Mom is going to have a lot to do, I can read to Sister." What a thinker and a lover this one is! Benny (Bennett) for the little guy he is becoming. With Quincy about to take over 'baby' status in the home Benny needed something. And he has done EVERYTHING. This little one can be found behind the chair reading to himself, using your legs as the crash course for his favorite cars, or cuddling up on your lap telling YOU a story (he takes after his oldest brother that way). If it weren't for Translator Porter I would not understand a word but Porter is amazing and understands every word of it. Mason for his laugh. Whether he breaks the quiet dinner time with a funny laugh because he thinks his food looks like the dog from across the courtyard or he turns to me right before bed, grabs my face, and laughs 'But Marsha, bed is boring. Let's play tickle again' ... this kid gets me EVERYTIME ~ we might have gotten up and tickled the WIGGLES out of these little ones!! All in all these 3 guys are fabulous! Kirst and Dave have done an amazing job with the first three and I am excited to see what happens when this little girl comes into a home so full of love and excitement!

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

It's so fun to see a different take on the boys, I love what you wrote about them, and that darn video is so adorable I can't even handle it. It's so fun to know that when you come, they are going to have the time of their lives and they are going to be loved beyond measure. You are the best Marsha!!!

mare said...

yes! kas that would be so fun to come see the play-- you're there all of november? we'll have to plan a good time to come. those little boys are sure cuties.

Stacy Ellison said...

CUTE. oh, what cute kids. you look great too! This post made me "homesick" for you! can't wait to see you at Christmas time!