3.11.08

Pasture

Hi world.

I’m here … for a just a moment to break from the delightful madness that is this office, as to be expected, on this Monday prior to the Tuesday of Decision.

Yesterday, P and I sat outside laughing at what is or is not occurring in the world we find ourselves in. I found myself quite entertained and enlightened, how could I not with P? Towards the end of our time together P started dancing around the parking lot and exclaimed, “I want to run outside of the pasture but I still want that pasture back there Kas.” I laughed as he continued this gallivanting and then pulled out my notebook to log the exact wordage used, “This is blog worthy.”

Don’t we all want that? We want the ability to run around, call red blue, sleep during sunup hours, and live as that free spirit. But when our legs get weary, the red starts to look blue, a normal schedule sounds a bit like heaven, and being that free spirit is just too much … we want to turn around and see that safe pasture. I don’t need to go back in, I just need to know it is there, I need that option. Then I keep gallivanting in the freedom of the life I am living. The pasture is freedom as well as I can go in and out but to run outside of those perfectly painted white fences … that’s fantastic. Am I making sense?

No time to clarify.

No comments: