23.2.09

Here I Go Again ...

Starting with the conversation on Thursday, leading to the actions or lack there of over the weekend, and ending with the conversation last night ... Here I go again (note number 1) ...

After an hour of 'real talk' with CA Thursday evening I fell asleep feeling a bit less alone in this whole 'emotional retardness' that my mother accuses me of. CA tends to boil things down to the core of what's there and in our case ... its the same core. Easy come, easy go. Make a decision or don't. Pack your bags to commit or pack your bags to run - somewhere warm, obviously. I'm not the only one that thinks like this folks.

The running thing flooded into the weekend. Literally as Syd was everywhere with us on Saturday ... we took her to the park and had things under control for the first hour ... the second hour we visited a few neighbors in search of the cute little rascal. I can't blaim the girl though, who wants to be committed to the park and the boring adults keeping you on the swings or slides or tennis courts? And a bit more figuratively, there was a part of me that held tight to Thursday's chat and my nausea leading to a quick exit as words were shared and topics discussed that evening. There was the other, small part, that attempted to just go with the flow ~ not an easy task for me ~ and let it run its course ... HA!

Last night was priceless however! Last night, pushed me to the point of action or reaction or whatever it is that is happening. It was the apple-pie that put the smile on the little ones faces, the big ones too now that I mention it. We put the kids to bed and laughed at their antics and then made our way downstairs to 'talk'. DD made the point, K empathized and then made the point ... I laughed. They set goals ... I laughed. I finally stated the obvious and found joy in DD's eyes and my own fear reflected in K's. They fight for the one that they love ~ not surprising. I was just a bit surprised at how open they were to discussing the other option ... frankly and honestly. In the end however, they agree with CA and Mom ... how refreshing!

Then I made it home to find out that Kylee Susan is engaged ... oh my goodness! When did this happen?!? So, if the conversations of the past few days, plus the conversation with my mother, hadn't moved me to some sort of something ... the little Kylee Susan getting engaged sure has. Easy come easy go folks ... right?

No comments: