9.2.09

Spinning into Amazement

We were dancing, there was music so it there was also going to be dancing. Our friends were also dancing, mind you his friend was in a big white puffy dress and mine was in a tux. So we danced and then we danced some more. I like dancing but this is beside the point of this post.

"It's amazing, it's it?" He said as I came in from a twirl.

"Sure is." I had no idea what he was talking about.

"Kas, do you know what I'm talking about?" It scares me sometimes how often he knows that I don't know.

"No."

He laughs and twirls me out again. I know the look as he pulls me back, he's ready to explain and it's going to be an explanation I can take to the bank. "They are amazing. Two people from two different histories. Two people that lived life separately up until a bit ago now can't imagine the next fifty years apart. My friend found the one person she could live with for all that time. She's picky. And he found the person that makes him laugh. That's amazing."

I looked up to catch his eyes but he was truly watching this couple in amazement.

*************************************************************

We were sitting quietly at my friends house, watching dancing this time. There was cheese and lots of it and I like cheese but again, this is beside the point of this post. As I was handing some cheese to him, a very selfless thing for me to do, my friend just blurted it out.

"We're having a baby!"

There was excited conversation and chatter.

As he walked me to the door that night we did a little jig, laughing the entire way. Mid-jig and mid-laughter he made a blunt statement.

"It's amazing, Kas."

"Our dancing? Yes, it is isn't it," I laughed.

"No, the baby ... their life. A little family. It's amazing." I looked up at him and saw the amazement in his eye again.

*************************************************************

We were dancing again, another friend in a puffy dress.

"Kas?"

I knew before he began where this little moment would end up. "It is amazing."

"Right? Out of all of the people for two to actually decide they trust each other enough? That the fights are worth the goodness? It's amazing." He seemed to be talking to himself at this point. He spun me out and the little dancer within me spotted quickly and found his face ... back to that amazement.

**************************************************************

I needed some of his spinning and amazement yesterday. It would seem that everyone in my life is getting hitched, CONGRATS, or reproducing at a rapid rate, YAY. I love every minute of it all but yesterday ... yesterday I needed a spin to send me into that amazement.

1 comment:

david santos said...

Brilliant posting!!!!
.happy valentines day.
GOD BLESS