26.11.07

Knight - In - Shining - Whatever

I believe the last movie I sent out high recommendations for was “The Notebook.” I very clearly remember the reaction from friends. One response was as equally as ecstatic as my own. One reprimanded me for recommending said movie because of some skin that was shown. The reprimand sounded louder than the excitement and I decided that perhaps I am more numb to ‘inappropriate’ things than perhaps I should be and I decided to keep my recommendations to myself. I did not recommend “Love Actually” to anyone but Emily … who still needs to see this life altering or rather life confirming film! I did not recommend “Because I Said So” or the “Family Stone”, even though you find mirror images of my own existence in these Blockbuster Favorites. But I must break my silence …

ENCHANTED … a must see. I sat in the Theatre with high expectations and all were met. The company in which I found myself was incline to compare life to the reality/fantasy that my favorite Patrick Dempsey lived out with talented Amy Adams. I wanted to scream “Stop comparing my life to fictional characters created in the world of McDreams!” But even in the light of rough comparisons and critical analysis of my emotional issues … this movie is fantastic!! I love it … so much that we had to drive to get the Soundtrack on the way home and have listened to nothing but since. Once I figure out how to get music to play on this blog I will give the gift of this song … my new favorite!


So Close
You’re in my arms and all the world is gone
The music playing on for only two
So close together

And when I’m with you so close to feeling alive

A life goes by romantic dreams must die
So I bid mine goodbye and never knew
So close was waiting, waiting here with you
And now, forever, I know
All that I want is to hold you so close

So close to reaching that famous Happy End
Almost believing this one’s not pretend
Now you’re beside me and look how far we’ve come
So far … we are … so close

Oh, how could I face the faceless days
If I should lose you now?

We’re so close to reaching that famous happy end
Almost believing this one’s not pretend
Let’s go on dreaming though we know we are
So close
So close
And still so far …


GO SEE ENCHANTED! If you want company ... I'll go again!

1 comment:

Marilee Leishman said...

Sounds like a movie I would love. I'll have to follow your recommendation and go see it!