29.11.07

Kaneh High ... Roughly



Yesterday as I drove home I became overwhelmed with the need to have a Christmas tree in my house. I pondered for a minute ... how does one acquire a Christmas Tree in UT? I had asked a few friends during the month of November and was shocked and the environmental red-tape that went up simply to get a pretty green Fur Tree in my house, permits from A required to get the permits from B which is required to get the final permit from C. I was discouraged and so I forgot about it until yesterday afternoon. Then I was on a mission ...

I called any human I know that might know where to get a tree here. After about a half and hour of phone calls ~ full of laughter and gee at remembering Pauly and the Gunnison crew illigally getting our tree my Junior year with a michette (not sure on the spelling on that one) ~ I put down the back seat in Baby Bleu, put an old blanket down as to not get needles everywhere!, and set out to find him ...

... I love him and I don't throw that word around lightly folks! But even without ornements, he makes the cottage my favorite place to be right now. Last night, after the hour and a half lighting him, I sat down with a home-made milk steamer and read the Red Ranger Came Calling (another fabulous Junior Year moment!) and then just simply enjoyed the lit tree until I fell asleep, it was perfection!

5 comments:

LemonDrop Creative | Ashley said...

It's beautiful! I'll have to come see it on my way home tonight!

Marilee Leishman said...

LOVE the tree. It's really big. Your place looks really nice!

Anonymous said...

Kas-
This is my fist OFFICIAL comment on your blog! Woohoo! It's only taken me how long to get around to it? Oh well! Anyway, I love your tree! It totally reminds me of the gorgeous stolen tree at Hillside. Ahhh . . . those were the days! Love ya!

Unknown said...

yes, i am back, i saw your comment on my blog, and i was so happy because i lost your website address. how are you? where are you? what is going on? well, i love you and miss you!
ashli

Brenda said...

So, it is almost valentines, do you still have your tree up? They can become a fire hazard you know.... How was your trip north?