30.11.08

House ... My House

Shortly after I came home from my mission Buba and I were chatting about how there were no 'valuable' shows on TV, nothing worth my time. In the past three years I have found a few shows to keep myself entertained, Thursday night at 8 I find myself quite content with life. But there is one that Buba introduced me to immediately that I continue to love, House. I am intrigued by the character of Gregory House and I am often glued to the medical mystery ~ says the girl who gets woozy at the sight of blood, I know. Nonetheless, I like House.

Almost a year ago now I had a friend come in from out of town to contradict a diagnosis I had made several years ago on myself ~ nothing medical, I like doctors. He came to diagnosis a behavioral excuse I had come to rely on. He announced simply that I was wrong and then sighted some interesting facts to back up his thoughts. I sat and listened. It took me several months to understand that he was perhaps partly right about his diagnosis. It was only this past week that I came to understand that he was 100% correct about me ... chalk one of for stubbornness I suppose.

But I played like House this past year, trying to come up with anything and everything that would fit, that would prove that my initial diagnosis regarding MYSELF was correct. My little pile of excuses kept getting larger and larger until I would find a scapegoat of sorts to pin this on. Shortly after the pin I would realize I was off somehow, a misdiagnosis of sorts, and begin again. I even went so far as to take some seriously drastic and out of character measures to assure myself that things were out of my hands. Come to find out things are in my hands and have been the entire time. It simply took one of those ah-ha moments that Wilson usually provides to House for me to understand what is going on.

So to B ... you are right. Your complete diagnosis was a bit off, as to symptoms and such, but the over all conclusion is 100% accurate. Thanks for irritating me enough with the complete picture you saw, the irritation led to inspiration to get this all figured out. And to my respective Wilson ... thanks for the ear time.

1 comment:

Tara Mogle said...

It's nice to know that I am not the only one who is quite content with life after watching a good episode of "American Choppers" Thursday nights. We have a lot in common.

Yeah I agree that there isn't really anything good on tv since they took MacGyver off. I learned how to take out my appendix and use it as an explosive, thanks to that guy. Now who do I learn from?