17.4.09

Loud and Proud

I am not ashamed to admit it ... not one bit. I will say it for all of the world to hear ...

I loved 17 Again.
A group of 'Gals', as Bill would refer to us, took off this afternoon and made it to the theatre to be greeted by a herd of young teenagers giggly for the film. The look on each Father's face ~ I love that somehow the 'Daddies' always get finagled into these films before the mother ... I will be the mom that begs the daughter for permission to take her and her friends! ~ as he saw a group of mid-twenty-year-olds meander to our perfect seats was a mixture of shame and humor.

However, I am not ashamed to say that we were the loudest group in the audience, what N with her squeals and our constant chatter about how fantastic Zac's hair looked or how classically attractive the white tshirt and jean look is. He is absolutely hot ... I'll say it again ... He is absolutely hot. Yes, he is 21 years old. But as the 'Gals' said as we were leaving, I was the only one in the group that could actually leave without a twinge of guilt as I was not returning home to a husband! And let's remember folks, addressing the larger percentage of readership here ~ my family ~ both Elder Uncle's had cougars of their own the first time around.

So thank you New Line Cinema ... thank you for an hour and 51 minutes of quality time with Zac. It has inspired within us a High School Musical Marathon and perhaps even a Hairspray thrown in there somewhere.

This man ~ yes, I will call him a man ~ has inspired each of us to encourage the men in our lives to grown their hair out a bit, buy those hot skinny jeans, and dance in the living room. Or maybe just encouraged an evening of snuggling.

Please note ~ as was discussed this evening ~ I am more than aware that it's films like this that cause frustration in the single men I know ... because they don't wear the skinny jeans. I am more than aware that it's films like this that cause the rolling of the eyes in the married men I know ... because they don't dance anywhere, let alone in the living room. I know that it's films like this that make my Father sigh ... because he has no hair to grow out. I am aware of the reality of life, thank you. I would just much rather live in the world of Zac Efron ~ at least for tonight, thank you.

5 comments:

LemonDrop Creative | Ashley said...

he's only 21. dang. (you know i wanted to say something else here...) i've never seen HS, nor do i plan to, but i'll admit i've got a lil' crushy crush on mr. efron. i dont like skinny jeans, but i do love me some white t-shirts and jeans ANY DAY. oh, and i love most of those lame high school-esque dramas and i'm glad you ladies do/did too!!!

LemonDrop Creative | Ashley said...

oh, and cuddling. lots and lots of cuddling is fabulous.

Mike & Traci said...

LOVED THE POST & Agreed 100%!! He is definately my "Dang your too young for me but are you HOTT" Crush! Mike knows it & Zac Efron is officially in my top 5 men that I am allowed to goo gaa over & mike can't make me feel guilty about ;) And let it be known that Mike even enjoyed the movie!!

Thanks for the great idea & thanks for letting Mike tag along :)

Anonymous said...

Love it Kas! I did not really know what I was getting myself in for, but I've joined with you full-heartedly! Said husband can continue to grow hair, with no more comments from me about looking shaggy!

Stacy Ellison said...

i can't stop laughing! i'm thinking about brandon with longer hair (except brandons is curly. so it is kind of just a puffy fro!)and skinny jeans. oh! what a vision! that will be the day! :)