18.4.08

Kickie-wickie - without hesitation now!

Okay … now for things of substance and importance!

During my ‘time down’ my roommates recommended a meeting with a certain gentleman. I was reluctant; I was pretty looped out on meds. To meet someone new, to try to create a foundation, to try to see him for who he truly is and what he can truly become … I didn’t know if I was able. But they were confident that I would find something so brand new, so joyous in this new relationship. Yes, I initially was hesitant and felt guilty (shocking that I would have any feelings of guilt!). I had someone that I was dedicated to … I knew I was walking on ice. I had made myself a promise after I returned from my mission: ONLY ONE. I could not waste time on more than that … I needed to keep myself disciplined and dedicated.

But I was tired of HIM. I was tired of the back and forth of the whole situation. What was he thinking? Was he moving forward? Was he just playing with the heart? I needed a break. I convinced myself that it was merely that ~ a break. I would return, with a full heart and appreciation for what I have. I began the ‘detour’…

… However, after two weeks I’ve made the ultimate life-altering decision. I’m not getting back on that other well-worn path. I’m done.

I am a little bit in love with John Krasinski. I openly admit that, especially after last night.

I know, I know … what about Patrick? McDreamy? Thursday nights full of McSweetness and all other things Mc? the MerDer love and hate? the constant dark and twisty of things? the hair?

Here’s what happened … Jim steps in and is very honest – all season 1 McDreamy hides the truth. He gives no false hopes – season 2 finale only to take himself away four episodes into season 3. He offers no empty promises – it’s not all gravy McDreamy! He does not have test after test to pass – Chief? House? He speaks his mind – not just gazing from across the operating room. He has all these faces that are priceless – McDreamy has a few great elevator moments. I could continue but I’ve made my decision.

Thursday nights at 8 Mountain Standard Time my ‘ONE TV TIME SLOT’ for my life is being replaced by John/Jim, Jenna/Pam. It gives hope. It lets you laugh one minute, scream with frustration at Michael the next, then you’ll wipe a tear away as he looks right at you and says, “I’m not kidding, I got it a week after we started dating.”

Okay … seriously (a fall back to my Greys), I love the OFFICE. My horrible addiction to the not-so-uplifting-adultery-filled-McDreamy-show has been replaced with my addiction to the fabulous-funny-laugh-cry-laugh-laugh-laugh-Jim-Pam-dinner-on-the-roof-‘hi’-faces-smirks-desk-moving-filled SHOW!

Just thought I’d make this public knowledge.

1 comment:

Marilee Leishman said...

I love that show too! Ha ha, It's so funny, brad and I, laugh our faces off!