22.5.08

Backer-Inner not a Mall-DRIVER!


While living in California Robs and I decided (we are not a lesbian couple, rather an Aunt and Niece - for those you perusing random blogs) that I did not need to have Bella Bleu. She has two vehicles, MEGA MOUNT and MINI MOUNT (a Ford F150 and MiniCooper respectively). On most occasion I could be found driving MEGA because I had the kids and less of a commute.

Within my first month or so in California I was driving home with Robs, she was either working or simply sick of driving. As we pulled up to the house I pulled in, hood first, that was how I did things. Robs gawked, "Your Uncle would be ashamed," ~ obviously the Mount guilt gene carries over into our in-laws! I knew what she was talking about, Robs NEVER parked in her driveway hood first, she is a PRO Backer-Inner! I pulled out, turned us around, pulled into Bob's driveway (our FAVORITE neighbor!), breathed a bit faster, and after two shots made it in without hitting our Carpenter's - Andrew (my favorite Carpenter!) ~ ginormous F250 ~ YES BE IMPRESSED, KAS IS USING SPECIFIC CAR TERMINOLOGY! Over the next three days I practiced just at the house...

Now, I'm a pro ~ the Mega/the Mini/and all BLEU vehicles are backed-in no matter where I am!! Months after establishing this technique I had Jay, Darc, and Schief in the truck ~ we were going to Boomers for a bit of a competitive evening, I WON THE MOVIE GAME! After heading the wrong direction - not surprising if you know me at ALL! - for fifteen minutes we turned around and made it to said destination. It was a Friday night and all spots were taken but for one in the back of the parking lot. I pulled past it and the whole car was all "Kas!" FEAR NOT PASSENGERS!! I threw the truck into reverse and backed 'er in. Jay, a first time rider with Kas, was AMAZED!! "You totally just whipped her into place like it was no big thing. We're in a tight spot, this is a HUGE truck. Nice work Kas!" Shortly thereafter I had the truck on an LA-Adam run and again, a quick pass/reverse, and WALA ... an overly impressed Adam.

So, I've established that I can drive a massive truck with the best of them. How is it that I cannot get Princess Peach, driving a carriage, across a few bridges and to the finish line?!?!?

On Tuesday night, M&M&I took a nightwalk ~ so beautiful ~ and found ourselves at Peter and Dirk's. Dirk was working dilligently as was Pete ~ Pete's work however was to unlock the next driver on the Wii MarioKart. We spent the next little while playing. I SUCK!! Pete and Mare cruised right along, Dirk held Mar's hand as she made her attempt, and I died ~ multiple times in the water. Can someone explain to me how I can manage an accident-free drivers record but can't get Princess Peach through the mall? I vote the time we stop at D&P's we watch Greys ... I'll feel better about myself!!!!!

2 comments:

M said...

I have a post in-the-works about playing Wii with D&P! Funny. Or sad, considering my performance that night. Oh well.

adespain said...

I loved your story...we need mlore back er inners in life!!