9.5.08

One is 'One'derful!

Good gracious! It amazes me who finds this page sometimes. Certainly, word of parents mouth and Facebook present spreading capabilities but … SERIOUSLY! I got an email, forwarded from my very first email address!, from an old friend ~ old as in haven’t heard from in over six years not old in age. YAY! He offered a sweet hello but then joined with two other ‘sweet’ boys of Kasi’s past in the ‘Kas does like flowers’ argument, each citing an incident that I had forgotten.

I was wrong (YES, I WROTE IT) … there is another exception to the NO FLOWER rule beyond weddings. I get all ‘girly’ when I get a SINGLE flower not a bunch, dozen, or bouquet. Friend #1 Case: After a show that he was not suppose to be able to come to because of an important ‘sporting event’ he showed up at the theatre with a single GERBERA DAISY – I got ‘girly’. Friend #2: After a show that he unexpectedly brought his parent to ~ MY FAVORITE (note the sarcasm! and if somehow said parent has found this blog and figured it is her sweet son, you are loved now but I was certainly overwhelmed at our first meeting!) ~ he left a single GERBERA DAISY on my car the next morning before I headed to the theatre – I got ‘girly’. Friend #3 Case: Prior to having a ‘talk’ he brought a single GERBERA DAISY to remind me that I was a girl (meaning I should be able to have a ‘talk’ without getting up and walking away) – I got ‘girly’ but just for a minute.

(I THINK WHEN I WAS AT A FUNERAL ~ shocking that my family would be attending one of those! ~ WHEN I WAS SEVEN OR SO I DECIDED NO BORING ROSES ON MY CASKET, GERBERA DAISIES ALL THE WAY ~ apparently my friend #1,#2,#3 knew that and brought it home!)

So apparently I like single flowers after shows and before and after awkward moments. Why? I think it is probably because of the first single flower I was ever given. It was back when I was seven or eight … I remember this incident with perfect clarity. It was in my backyard. We had friends over, Natalie Dayton and my older brother, Josh, had a friend over, a friend that I thought was nice and who shall remain nameless (he’s married with a kid now!). For those of you reading this and screaming – LIAR - no worries, I’m certain my true devotion was still for a Tyler A. Labrum at this point (my devotion unwavering until 14 years old). But said friend of Joshy got a sweet smirk from me after he bounced me off the tramp, caused some tears, and then brought a stolen flower over to me to make me happy – I got ‘girly’.

I concede … single flowers accepted.

No comments: