15.5.08

Curly vs. Straight

So today I walk into work and my coworker makes this statement, "Ah, you okay? Your hair is curly." I looked at him, made a face, and sat down to work. Does my hair being curly mean that life is a bit off balance? Yes.
Curly hair comes into play on days after long nights ~ it takes all of 2 minutes to do! For example, the hair was ALWAYS curly during theatre summers! I'm certain that Adam was shocked both times I walked into the theatre with straight hair after late nights of stair arguments or chandelier creations. It was also curly for 99% of the mission and it got dark ~ obviously.


While living in California not only did I go back to blonde, LOVE YOU KIM!, but the hair straightener and curling iron became essentials. I like my hair ... I take care of my hair (by burning it? Mrrr ... I use 'protecting product'!) ... and while living in So. California I had a Shauna who would spend an hour straightening it as we watched the Greys of the week, an Em that was trying to grow her hair to be as long as mine, and a Cassidy who was continually boosting my hair's ego by saying how 'princess' it looked. But this takes time and effort friends ...


Now I've moved to UT, took on a position with a campaign, took on a slightly demanding church calling, moved again ... no need to continue. But this has caused several things to transpire with the hair. One, it's darker. That was necessary because I live in a place where it is not 'summer' 75% of the year ~ my hair needed to reflect that ~ and it's much less upkeep. Two, I've discovered left over hair. For any of you that have thick corse hair like I do (with that and the nose we sometimes wonder if Uncle Joe is really Uncle ...?), you understand this statement. I can go FOREVER with left over hair! Here is the process: DAY 1 ~ STRAIGHTEN, DAY 2 ~ CURL, DAY 3 ~ 1/2 up, DAY 4 ~ all up ~ AMAZING! And it makes Barbara (my new hair stylest!) happy because it only puts my hair through the ringer 2x a week!

So ... after making this so much longer than it really needs to be ... here's the deal. If I have curly hair ... DON'T SAY ANYTHING (great coworker of mine!) ~ it's similiar to asking a gal if she is sick by saying 'do you feel awful, you look awful!' ~ NOT COOL! Curly hair does mean I'm having an off day. But give me 24 hours and I'll be back to normal, straight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kas...it took like three episodes every time to straighten your hair...not an hour....but i did love doing it...therapy...maybe i should do hair instead...love shauna

Anonymous said...

Your hair is hot! Can I suggest Mixed Chicks products to ad into the hotness?