5.10.09

Fall is Here in the Form of Winter

I am not partial to any season as I am in love with them all upon their first appearance each year.  The first day of Spring {as the light jacket is worn for the first time and the blossoms are sprouting, a perfect day for SWING time with an orange in hand}.  The first day of Summer {as the shorts and tshirts are worn for the first time and the sky is perfectly clear and the air warm, a perfect day for a leisurely walk along the shore with a COKE in hand}.  The first day of Fall {as the jacket and sweaters are worn for the first time and the leaves begin to turn to the bright shades, a perfect day for a walk in the park or a drive through the canyon with a Pumpkin Spice Milk Steamer in hand}.  The first day of Winter {as the scarves, gloves, and beanies are worn for the first time and the snow hits the tops of the mountains, a perfect day for a fire in the fireplace after a long snow ball fight and hot chocolate in hand}.  I love all four seasons, which is perhaps why California gets a bit dreary for me in the winter and Alaska is ridiculous thought at any point in the year.  So ...

... FALL, where have you gone?!?  Stand firm against Winter, she's tough ~ I know ~ but you have a right, a greater right, to be here right now.  I am a giddy girl at the first snow but I will not recognize the snow in Park City this weekend as such, it was fake.  I want the crunchy noises as I walk on the leaves, the laughter of those last few nights that can be spent outside without frozen nose hairs, the brisk morning air without de-icing my windows.  Fall, I'm counting on you to win this fight ~ I'm behind you for at least the next month and a half.

Yes, it snowed in Park City this weekend and I was there to walk in it, drive in it, and drive out of it through Parley's.  Inside of the beautiful home that M&M rented for the weekend there were games, laughter, a bit of interesting behavior, and more laughter.  I realized, standing next to my favorite M in the kitchen, that I am a bit more sheltered than I thought myself to be, and truth be told, I'm absolutely okay with that.

Fun and favorite moments include but not limited to {counting to 20 but not backwards}{running into my Mission President's wife at the store}{artichoke dip}{deer drives with my silent friend in the front seat}{bed and nap time readings}{identifying the snorer}{girl talk in whispered tones}{tierra's intensity during the 3rd Grader game that we did not succeed at very well}{brownies, post second cooking}{listening, somehow on my own, to the Good Word being taught passionately and somberly}{johnny in CHOCOLATE, how had I not seen that?}{the boys reaction to the girls reaction of johnny in CHOCOLATE}{honesty}{conference tradition cinnamon rolls}{walks in the rain}{all mouth curses to me}{changing sleeping arrangements}{smiling}

1 comment:

Amy said...

Um...let's be blog friends...k?