27.10.09

SNOW

Today it snowed and I will confess to the world that I loved it.  I needed a fresh start today, I needed to know that things can be laid to rest for a bit and come back bright and happy in five or six {sometimes seven in this chosen state} months.  I needed the reminder that Christmas and home are right around the corner bringing consistent nights of fantastic sleep, late night talks with Grams, laughable debates with Dad, therapeutic moments with Mom, and fun with the siblings and cousins {notice I did not mention the diatribe from the Uncles regarding my years of fertility as I hope this year will be the year they refrain}.  I needed the reminder that the office is merely a place to look out of the window and see the beauty.



 I drove home slowly and found myself in the midst of the canyon {clearly I took some side streets to the detour, I'm becoming more and more my Grandmother with each passing day}.  The snow was falling quickly and encompassing the world.  I pulled off to the side of the road and let my mind go to all of the places I would not let it go to during my time in the office today.  With this beautiful snow surrounding me I thought and then thought some more.  My mind went back to the talk I listened to while getting ready this morning, President Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk from this past conference {I needed a bit of extra love this morning and his voice is as soothing as they come}.  I am so grateful for the morning reminder of what is truly important and the happy place I found replaying his words in my mind as I sat midst the snow.  I then started to count all of the wonderful things in my life ... I pulled out my handy card pen normally reserved for Hallmarks, and a trusty standby envelope {yes, I have those} that takes room in my center console and made my list.  It is long and I am undeserving of such an abundance of blessings.  

Then words from President Uchtdorf came dancing through my mind, "Though (you) are incomplete, God loves (you) completely." This is not new information but it found a safer place in my heart today.  I sat, smiling, looking as the dark world was covered in this beautiful blanket of whiteness.  Life is good and here are just a few of my reasons why ...


... Google Document Sharing
... Texts from Dad
... Sunday night Poe Readings
... Snow
... Flannel Sheets
... Jose
... Standing on Furniture
... Buba reading texts and keeping his mouth shut
... Falling Asleep on the LoveSac
... Snow
... Bathroom Talks
... Voicemails
... New Babies {Miche, I'm SO DANG EXCITED}
... Snorts
... Gunnison Boys Memories

... Snow


... Did I mention snow?  I love it!  Happy Winter!!

1 comment:

Stacy Ellison said...

loved the post! i have to ask one question though. was it the canyon between logan and brigham city? :) just wondering. some GREAT memories there!